|HOME | NOW APPEARING | CRAFTERS | SET UP INFO | BUY SUNSET ART | ARCHIVES | ABOUT US | CONTACT|
ATTENTION: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR PHOTOGRAPHY OR JEWELRY ITEMS OR AT THIS TIME.
Come to the Jury
Each applicant must appear in person before the Participation Committee and have their art work approved prior to setting up at the festival. The Participation Committee meets on the First and Third Monday of every month at 10:00 AM at Bayview Park in Key West, FL. (see map for directions to Bayview Park) we meet at the bleachers behind the tennis courts. Call (305) 292-7700 at sunset (give or take an hour) a few days before attending to ensure that the meeting is still scheduled.
This is what you will do for the jury process:
If you would like to know if your product is the type of product that we are looking for without coming in person, please send pictures and info and we will give you feedback. You will still need to jury in person and this feedback is not a guarantee of acceptance however for some people it's a lot easier than making the trip.
When You Arrive:
1) Give us your name; we create a list of who will be juried today. The first person to arrive is juried first and so on.
2) If you havent already done so, get an application and fill it out. You will give us that when it is your turn to be juried.
3) If you need to set up your craft demonstration ahead of time, go ahead and lay it out, but dont make anything yet, wait for us.
When It's Your Turn to Jury:
1) Give us your application along with a $20 jury fee. If you already paid $5 to get a jury by mail, than, you only need to pay $15 today. (If you dont know what jury by mail is dont worry about it)
2) Show us your finished products so we know what type of product you wish to sell. (page two has a brief summery about what we are looking for)
3) We will ask you to demonstrate how you hand-make the product and we will ask some questions so we can learn about it. If the product you are demonstrating takes a lot of time we may ask you to continue working while we see other applicants. We will check back to see how you are doing.
3) Thats it. You can go home now. We need time to discuss each applicant. The committee will vote to accept or decline each applicant.
What happens after the jury.
On Monday night (or any night after Monday) between 1 hour before sunset and an hour after sunset it is your responsibility to call the pier manager or stop by to find out the committee’s decision. The number to call is (305) 292-7700 if the pier manager is by the phone they will answer and let you know the committee’s decision. If time allows a PC Committee member may call and let you know if you are accepted or declined. You can also stop by the Sunset Manager's Kiosk and view a list of the results of the meeting.
If you are accepted you must work at least one day in the next 30 days in order to lock in your acceptance. If you do not set up within the 30 days you will need to re jury.
If you are accepted by the committee you will be asked to obtain a Florida State Sales Tax License from the Florida Department of Revenue (see map). (*If you already have a tax number from Florida you do not have to apply for a new one. Please apply only after you have been accepted by the committee)
What Types of things we are NOT looking for:
This is a hand-crafted market. If you do not make what you sell yourself or if you do not make it by hand you will not be accepted.
Some categories may be closed due to over representation.
What kind of things we ARE looking for:
Original, hand crafted products that we dont already have at Mallory square.
For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cultural Preservation Society, P.O. Box
4837, Key West, FL 33041